Our guide below will help you to decide the most appropriate setting to seek medical advice, depending on your symptoms.

Weekend GP and Nurse Sessions/Urgent Care Centre

Self Care

Be sure to stock up your medicine cabinet with pain killers, plasters and antiseptic creams. Visit the www.nhs.uk website for further advice on taking care of yourself.

  • Hangover
  • Grazed Knee
  • Sore Throat
  • Cough


Pharmacists can provide confidential health advice and treatment for minor ailments. There is no need to make an appointment. To find your nearest local pharmacy, go to www.nhs.uk.

  • Diarrhoea
  • Runny Nose
  • Painful Cough (of less than 2 weeks)
  • Headache

Your Local GP Surgery

Your GP can provide a wide range of family health services including advice, prescriptions and referrals to other health and social services. Practice nurses and nurse practitioners often work alongside them to help support patients’ everyday health.

  • Rash
  • Ear Pain
  • Blood in Toilet
  • Backache

NHS 111

Call NHS 111 if you require medical help and advice for anything that is not a life-threatening emergency.

  • Unwell
  • Unsure
  • Need Help or Advice?

Urgent Care Centre

Get help for a minor illness or injury at times you can’t wait to see your GP.

  • Cuts
  • Sprains
  • Itchy Rash
  • Strain

Accident and Emergency

A&E should only be used in an emergency for critical or life-threatening situations. If you cannot travel yourself, you should dial 999 for an ambulance.

  • Broken Bones
  • Heavy Bleeding
  • Trouble Breathing
  • Chest Pain
  • Burns